Indiana Criminal Appeals Lawyers

Representation For Defendants Seeking Criminal Appeals

Indiana Criminal Appeals Lawyers

Representation For Defendants Seeking Criminal Appeals


When a defendant feels they have been wrongly convicted due to mistakes made during the trial, they have the right to appeal the conviction. Overturning a conviction isn't easy, though, and defendants need knowledgeable lawyers with years of trial experience on their side to secure the best possible outcome.

When you contact us, you'll get:

  • Free no-commitment consultation
  • Straightforward assessment of your criminal appeals case
  • Trial-tested criminal appeals lawyers who fight for the best results
  • An entire team of experienced lawyers working on your case


Fill out the form and a member of our team will be in touch shortly.

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Criminal Appeals Frequently Asked Questions

What is the process of a criminal appeal?
The person asking for the appeal (the "appellant") first submits an argument to the court explaining errors in how the trial was conducted. The court then decides, based only on the already-submitted evidence and court records, whether or not the appeal may be granted. A higher court then looks at the submitted arguments of the appellant on why the case should be overturned, or a re-trial or re-sentencing should take place. They also consider the argument of the state as to why the verdict should stand.
When should I consult an attorney if I am considering an appeal?
If you are considering an appeal, talk to an attorney as soon as possible. Most states require you to notify the courts and the government of your intent to appeal shortly after your conviction. Contact us today for a free consultation and learn what your options are!
Can I present new evidence for my appeal?
No. However, if new evidence is discovered that may change the outcome of your case, you may be eligible to motion for a re-trial. Contact Boren, Oliver, and Coffey today to discuss the specifics of your case and see what options might be available to you.

Need help